Written by Sixta Quanico
Office of the Municipal Budget Officer
The needs and aspirations of the people of Cavinti shall be considered so that they will be responsive to the development for the improvement of the standard of living.
To help the Local Chief Executive and the Local Lawmakers achieve its goals, as practicable; be harmonious with national development plan and strategies in order to optimize the utilization of fiscal and physical resources.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Prepare forms, orders and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matter for the signature of the Mayor;
- Review and consolidate the budget proposals of different departments and offices of the municipality;
- Assist the mayor on the preparation of the budget hearing; study and evaluate budgetary implication of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendation thereon;
- Submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management; coordinate with the treasurer, accountant, and the planning and development coordinator for the purpose of budgeting;
- Assist the Sanggunian in reviewing the approved budget of the municipality;
- Coordinate with the planning and development coordinator in the formulation of municipal development plan; and
- Exercise such other functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.